HEAD OF HEALTH AND SAFETY AT SEE SERVICES
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a pragmatic, hands on Health and Safety professional to join a leading FM and Infrastructure Service Company, operating across the UK.
The ideal candidate will have a strong Hard Services background. The successful applicant will be joining a motivated and experienced management team and will be tasked with developing and implementing the company’s Health and Safety strategy across the business and will sit with the SMT (Senior Management Team) and have regular interaction at Board Level. The person we are looking will have, drive, energy and passion as well as strategic insight, business and customer focus and exceptional leadership skills.
Job Title: Head of Health & Safety
Responsible to: Director
Responsible for: HSQE Advisor, HSQE Administrator
ABOUT SEE SERVICES
SEE Services deliver facilities management and infrastructure support services to organisations across the UK. Recognised for our quality delivery combined with a personal touch, customers trust us to comply, maintain and sustain their properties. With contracted projects spanning diverse sectors including retail, NHS, schools, and care homes, SEE Services offers a vibrant environment where your expertise will have a meaningful impact on our customers’ business world.
• Work closely with the Senior Leadership Team to develop and deliver the health & safety strategy.
• Build relationships with key stakeholders within the organisation and external interested parties.
• Monitoring and reviewing health & safety trends to identify areas of improvement.
• Develop and improve Health & Safety culture across the organisation by leading health and safety cultural improvement initiatives.
• Managing and coaching a small HSQE Team
• Develop Training needs and develop programmes and deliver.
• Liaise with Health & Safety Executive and other regulators when required.
• Managing 3rd party suppliers, building strong relationships
• Support on incident and accident investigation when required and lessons learnt.
• Lead and drive health and safety cultural improvement initiatives.
• Input to achieving and maintaining various Accreditations and Certifications.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
• 5 years + experience working in Health & Safety
• NEBOSH Diploma, NVQ or NCRQ
• Minimum Grad IOSH, working towards CMIOSH
• Previous experience working in a strategic position within Health & Safety
• Experience influencing of senior stakeholder and board level
• Leading a team of Health and Safety professionals would be preferred
• Experience working in Facilities Management, infrastructure sector
• Knowledge of CDM would be beneficial but not essential
• Must have a Driving licence
• Willing to travel where required
• Service/FM / Projects experience
• Thorough understanding of CDM
• Solid IT skills in Microsoft Products / iAuditor
• Ability to implement culture change programs
• Must have gravitas to deal with internal and external stakeholders alike.