Summary of works
• As part of its EV charging point roll-out programme, Tesco contracted
SEE Services to install a number of ‘Pod Point’ installations at a series
of its sites across the UK.
• The project began in August and is scheduled for completion by the
end of 2019.
• Tasks included advance site surveys to establish arrangements with
each store and assess local electrical and geographical requirements.
• Typical installations comprise a 7Kw Media Charger, twin 7Kw
Chargers and a 50Kw Rapid Charger.
• Advance survey of individual stores to ascertain best location, taking into account client guidelines and requirements
• Assess best suited EV charging point installation for each site
• Survey of redundancy at electrical mains intake position
• Confirm car park bay locations
• Positioning of containment routes and cable runs
• Agreeing plans and working arrangements with local store management
• Engaging third party contractors regarding alterations to the mains panel boards
• Liaise with equipment and product suppliers
• Establish specialist access equipment requirements
• Install various types of CMS (Containment Management Services), such as cable trays and trunking
• Fit fused switches at mains supply source
• Set-up and install local feeder pillars in car parks with local mains positions built-in to ensure safety protection to local EV charging points
• Install sub-main cabling to local feeder pillar positions
• Install sub-circuit cables to each of the charging pods
• Set up and install Charging Pods and appropriate ‘bump’ barriers
• Carry out relevant NICEIC testing
• Compile documentation relating to works
• Hand-over to Tesco personnel